Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Best Way To Get A Six Pack

There are several ways in order to get a six pack. Therefore, there really isn't one best way to get a six
pack. Many people suggest a lot of different options and different approaches when it comes to getting a six pack.

So that being said, I will give you, in my opinion, my way and then you can determine if it sounds like it's right for you.

I will give you the details and then I will give you actionable steps that you can take so you can get abs, just like I have. Let me be clear though, the strategy I'm about to show you only works if you follow it exactly, you can't get abs if you only follow half of the steps I'm about to show you.

You can also get some great workout tips from the master, helmut strebl.

As I said before, there are many different approaches to get abs. And you also have a couple of different components also, things like the exercises you perform, your diet, and your resting periods between exercises.

All of this may seem a little confusion at first. Which is why I recommend you check out Truth About Abs. If you feel stuck in getting abs, this is the first place I suggest you start.

The approach that I show you below will no doubt help you get abs, but in all honestly it's a bit advanced. So if you have never been able to get abs, I highly recommend you take a look at Truth About Abs.

It is a program with the beginner in mind, and it helps them achieve six pack abs the quickest.

The Best Way To Get A Six Pack In My Personal Opinion

The ab strategy I'm about to show you isn't that conventional. And all of these strategies can be found in the book, Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. If you haven't already, you should definitely pick it up and read it, it's a great book. I will outline the strategy, but if you want the complete technique, you should buy the book.

The Diet


The Diet I implement to get abs is The Slow Carb Diet, which can be found in The Four Hour Body, or you can find it on this page. Basically, there are five rules you must follow to lose weight.

The reason why your diet is so important is because most people have a layer of fat over their abs, which is preventing them to get a six pack. So you need to lose that layer of fat and this diet is the best at targeting that fat. The Five rules are:

Don't eat simple carbohydrates
Don't drink any liquids, except for water
Don't eat fruit
Eat the same meals over and over again
Implement one cheat day a week

The first three rules are pretty self-explanatory. The last two involve a bit more explanation.

My "Go To" Meals


The meals that I usually eat involve a lot of meat, beans and nuts. Here are a few meals that I enjoy the most while I'm on the diet

Egg white
Chicken
Steak
Peanut butter
Baked beans
Vegetable salad

The cheat day means that one day a week you can eat anything you want. This means whatever you want to eat, whether it's cake, candy, fruit, you can eat it.

That's basically the diet. Now it's time for the workout.
 

The Workout

 
In my opinion the best workout for any area of your body should be a quick workout that allows you to only workout two or three times a week, that's it. It should also be effective, in that you should get results relatively quickly within a week or two.
With these two criteria here is a workout that I like. It is a workout that is considered a circuit. A circuit is basically just a couple of exercises that is performed one after another, without rest in between. If found this workout at Bodybuilding.com. You can also find more ab workouts there too.
 
(This circuit should be performed three times with a two-minute rest in between each circuit, for maximum results.) 
 
Leg Raise - In my opinion this exercise is the hardest in the workout. When I first stated this workout I could only do a couple of these, but as my abs got stronger, I could do more. If you aren't used to these take it easy the first time you do these.
You should also make sure you aren't swinging your body as you perform these. And make sure you are in control of the movement. You don't want to go fast on these.
 
Decline Bench- These are my favorite because they are the best at targeting all of your abs. This is the exercise that separates your abs, which after gives your abs a six pack.
When you perform these make sure you aren't using your legs at all, they are there just to hold you in the position, they are not there to help you perform the exercise.
Double Crunch - This is a better variation of the regular crunch. Regular crunches aren't good at targeting your abs effectively; this is why the double crunch is much better to do. You are working your upper and lower abs at the same time.
Russian Twists - This is one of the best exercises ever to workout your obliques. Take this exercise slow, the slower you perform these, the better results you are going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment